Brave New Films' short form content production team produces short documentaries and web videos on a host of progressive issues, including immigration reform, voting rights, living wage, mass incarceration, and drug law reform. Our team seeks a Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer to deliver high quality engaging videos that bring these issues to life.
Our small team is highly collaborative and we all wear many hats. The Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer works with the Content Director, other producers, and editors to conceive and execute our short form content.
English and Spanish language fluency is required for this position.
- Take edits from beginning to end
- Design motion graphics for the team's projects
- Design graphic assets for use on websites and social media
- At times, handle AE duties prior to cutting projects
- Prepare videos for delivery
- Passion for progressive causes.
- Spanish and English fluency required
- Excellent story-telling skills.
- Advanced skills in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Basic sound mixing and color correction
- Familiarity with DSLR workflows.
- Knowledge of compression and optimizing for online viewing.
- Basic knowledge of Encore or other DVD authoring software.
- Willingness to learn new software.
- Camera skills a plus.
This position works out of our offices in Culver City, and may require travel. Position is temporary assignment of 2-3 months, with a possibility of longer term work if projects are available.
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter describing your filmmaking experience, and which progressive issues are most important to you and why, to [email protected].
Please, no phone calls.